Oceanside Community Church Southern Baptist Convention
together to touch the world.
- Adopted by the messengers to the 2010 Southern Baptist Convention in Orlando, Florida on June 15, 2010 in response to the Report of the Great Commission Task Force
Oceanside Community Church Oceanside was born in a garage in Satellite Beach over fifty years ago in May 1957. Over the years the church has faithfully maintained an evangelical Christian witness in our community in keeping with our current theme: "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32. In keeping with the Great Commission, we are committed to making disciples, evangelizing the unreached, and teaching Christians to obey everything Christ has commanded.
Being fully committed to the proposition that Jesus Christ is the only hope for the world, and believing Southern Baptists are yearning for spiritual renewal and Christ-centered living, and recognizing the challenge of Jesus to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, we, the undersigned Southern Baptist denominational leaders, covenant with each other and every willing Southern Baptist, under God,
- To make the kingdom of God the priority in our own personal lives.
- To dedicate the energies and resources of the ministries we lead to seeking first
- To cooperate with each other and the family of Southern Baptists as we pursue kingdom principles and practices.
- To give ourselves to servant leadership that will assist and enable local churches
- To pray that a new passion for Jesus breaks out among our people, our families, and our churches from which God can forge a spiritual movement marked by holy living, sacrificial service, and global witness.
- To this end we affirm Empowering Kingdom Growth as a call for Southern Baptists to seek first the King and His kingdom.
- Adopted by the messengers to the 2002 Southern Baptist Convention in St. Louis, Missouri on June 11, 2002, in "A Covenant between Southern Baptist Denominational Leadership and the Churches"